The Deutschlandticket launch on May 1st. Students can upgrade their semester ticket to a "Deutschlandticket" valid for local public transport in Germany for an additional monthly fee. Here you can find more information about the purchase and the costs.
With a monthly co-payment of 18.20 €, students of the TU-Hamburg can aquire the HVV-Deutschlandticket, a digital local transport ticket valid throughout Germany (comparable to the 9€ ticket in summer 2022). It is a monthly cancelable subscription that you can order until the 5th day of a month. If you don't want to it in the month after, the ticket must be cancelled by the 10th of the month.
Please note: The Deutschlandticket upgrade is only valid in conjunction with a current SemesterTicket and a suitable photo ID.
Unfortunately, the Hamburg Senate was not willing to offer a reduced price for students, as is the case in Bavaria or Berlin, for example. Together with the other student councils at Hamburg's universities, we negotiated with the Senate. For the time being, the senate has decided to offer a discounted Deutschlandticket only to school-students and trainees.
Nevertheless, we hope that you can benefit from the Deutschlandticket. We as AStA will continue to work towards a reduction of the Deutschlandticket upgrade fee for students.
This is how you get the HVV-Deutschlandticket upgrade on your smartphone:
- Open the link to the HVV campus portal with your smartphone.
- Create an account with your TUHH email address. You will receive an email with a confirmation link.
- Confirm the email address through the link.
- Now you can order the Deutschlandticket on the "Campus-Portal" for the price of 18,20 €.
- Selects the desired start date (always valid on the 1st of the month).
- Enter your personal data. Make sure that they match the data on your semester ticket.
- Enter the billing address (name, etc. can be copied).
- Select the payment method (currently only a SEPA direct debit mandate is possible, Paypal and credit card will follow).
- After the payment is confirmed, you should receive an email.
- Open the email on your smartphone. You should now be able to deposit the ticket in the wallet application of your smartphone.