Representative for Gender Equality
Moin, my name is Klara, I study electrical engineering in my 4th semester, and I am new to the AStA. I am a passionate reader, eater, and cyclist - but most of the time can be found in the depths of my bed. My interests are primarily directed towards equality and equity at the TUHH, so if you have any questions, requests, worries or other matters, feel free to contact me!
- The Speaker for Gender Equality checks the university's bodies for discriminatory and sexist elements in terms of structure and content and counteracts these.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality is committed to enabling all lifestyles at the university, especially non-heteronormative ones.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality is committed to gender-equitable language within the university, but especially within the student council.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality is in regular contact with the Equal Opportunities Officer and the Equal Opportunities Department of the University in order to exchange information about current problems and upcoming projects.
- Together with the Equal Opportunities Officer and the Equal Opportunity Department of the university, the foundation of a cross-functional Equal Opportunity Council is to be advocated in order to prevent any form of discrimination throughout the university.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality supports the Department of Social Affairs in their work, especially for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality shall establish a student working group for equality.
- The Speaker for Gender Equality serves as a contact and coordination point for events dealing with equality and discrimination and assists in the organization of these events.